Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Modha Kumar <mo...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/27 14:40:07 UTC

Adding multiple references in web.xml

Hi All
Tomcat 5.0.28

I have configured and accesed databse connection though DBCP when I
connected to a single instance. Now I have to connect to 2 instances in my
oracle Database and so I added 2 entries in server.xml (with user/pass/url
etc) and 2 entries in web.xml

I am getting this error when I start tomcat can someone please tell what the
problem is (or point me to a document

SEVERE: Parse error in application web.xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: XML document structures must start and end
within
the same entity.

Here is my web.xml. (Please note: I could access jndi resource fine when I
had just 1 resource-ref element. Now I want to access two database instance
so I added an entry in server.xml and an entry in web.xml I am getting this
error)

    version="2.4">

<web-app>

<resource-ref>
<description>RS Datasource</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/rsDB</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

<resource-ref>
<description>RS Datasource</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/orclDB</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

</web-app>

Thanks

RE: Adding multiple references in web.xml

Posted by Alfredo Ledezma Melendez <al...@mail.telcel.com>.
Well, the problem is that you had write twice the <web-app> tag into your
xml. The correct version should be as follows:

    version="2.4">

<!-- Notice the web-app tag removal -->
<resource-ref>
<description>RS Datasource</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/rsDB</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

<resource-ref>
<description>RS Datasource</description>
<res-ref-name>jdbc/orclDB</res-ref-name>
<res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

</web-app>

Alfredo Ledezma Meléndez.
Costumer Record Management
Consultor Externo de Sistemas de Atención a Clientes
RadioMovil DIPSA, S. A. de C. V.
Ejército Nacional No. 488, Col. Anahuac, C.P. 11570
México D.F.