Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl> on 2006/09/18 21:06:35 UTC

[release announcement] Carrot2 2.0

Hi guys. A bit of self-promotion; I hope nobody will consider it rude,
after all Carrot2 is a plugin to Nutch and some folks use it with
Lucene, so I thought it may be of relevance to both lists.

Of course we invite everyone to try the demo on-line. Number of daily
queries to Yahoo is limited, so if you get an exception, switch to
another search engine -- MSN or Google. These limits are assigned to the
source's IP address, so if you install the demos locally, you'll be able
to send a great deal more queries.

Dawid

Carrot2 Search Results Clustering Engine released

Version 2.0 of the Open Source Carrot2 Search Results Clustering Engine
has been released. Carrot2 can automatically organize (cluster) search
results into thematic categories by combining one of its ready-to-use
search results acquisition components with some of Carrot2's built-in
search results clustering algorithms.

The 2.0 release comes with a faster and more usable search clustering
web application, the Aduna ClusterMap visualization component integrated
into the standalone GUI application, a simplified core API and much more.

At the same time Carrot Search, the Carrot2 spin-off company, released
Lingo3G -- a high-performance document clustering engine offering
hierarchical clustering, synonyms, label filtering and advanced tuning
capabilities.

For more information, please see the Carrot2 live demo and the project
website.

Live demo:
http://www.carrot2.org

Project pages: