Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by someword <de...@jivesoftware.com> on 2013/07/23 23:06:30 UTC

verify broker network performance

Hello.
We are running activemq 5.8 on centos 6.3 with java 1.6.   We currently have
2 datacenters comprised of 17 brokers in a hub and spoke setup (16 spokes 1
hub).    Each broker has about 600 - 700 servers connected to it which
produce and consume messages via stomp.    We are getting ready to add in 3
more datacenters each which will come with additional brokers (and
producers/consumers) as well as possibly creating 2 connected hub and spoke
networks instead of 1 large hub and spoke network.

I'm nervous in making any large changes as I don't really know what to use
as a way to measure the overall health of the system.   I would like to be
able to run some test before and after our changes to verify that we have
not made the situation worse.   Does anyone have any suggestions on how I
might go about creating this magic 'health summary' :)

TIA. Derek.