Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Br...@conntemp.com.au on 2001/11/16 03:34:40 UTC

Tomcat not excepting servletname and session id

I am have troubles getting my servlets to work properly in tomcat 4.01. I am
trying to migrate my servlets from JavaWebServer2.0 were they worked fine to
Tomcat. I have registered all the servlets in the web.xml file within my
webapp directory but when I go to run it tomcat refuses to except sessionid
in the http address. When I try and go to a servlet with a similar http
address below it tells me that it can not fine the servlet/page.

"http://localhost:8080/myproject/servlet/servletName;$sessionid$213123123123
123123123123123123123132
It appears that tomcat is trying to find a servlet by the name
"servletName;$sessionid" because I can put a space between the servletName
and the sessionId it will work.
Is there a parameter some were that I am missing? My servlets worked fine in
JavaWebServer2.0.

Thank You

Brett

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above.  It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.
Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Connelly Temple does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.