Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 15:10:47 UTC

how to prevent the warnning:Sun proprietary API...

Hi:
When I use the command mvn compile,or mvn install the first time, I will get
the warring:
"xxxx is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release".
Then I use the same command again, it will build successfully,that's to say,
although it show the warnning, the classes have been compiled ( I am sure
since I see the targect directory).

And I have try to add a "<compilerArgument>-nowarn</compilerArgument>"
parameter in for the maven-compiler-plugin, things just the same as before.

I wonder why?

Re: how to prevent the warnning:Sun proprietary API...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>> I have change my jdk version to 1.6.0_18,and when I use mvn clean install ,
> thing do not change, I still got the warnning:
> "xxxx is Sun proprietary API and may be removed in a future release".

The simplest way to stop triggering those warnings is to STOP using
those APIs. Its that simple. I'm reasonably certain there are open
source versions of everything you might be using in com.sun.* and
sun.misc.* etc. Spend 10 minutes and change your code and
dependencies.

Wayne

Re: how to prevent the warnning:Sun proprietary API...

Posted by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by maven apache <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by su...@wipro.com.