Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/31 05:54:01 UTC

[VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)

Please vote to release the artifacts at http://s.apache.org/lusolr32rc2 as 3.2.0

Changes from rc1 are mostly packaging issues that testers found:
* SOLR-2557       ensure example configuration files have the correct
LUCENE_MATCH_VERSION
* SOLR-2558       remove "apache lucene version" from solr changes.txt
"Versions of major components"
* SOLR-2559       All solr contrib/*/CHANGES.txt have "3.2-dev" as the
release header.
* LUCENE-3009     binary packaging: lucene modules/contribs that
depend on jars are confusing
* LUCENE-3154     remove version references from the versioned website
* LUCENE-3155     possibly improve includes/excludes for packages files
* LUCENE-3156     remove references to contribs that dont exist from docs
* LUCENE-3157     packaging is sometimes .tar.gz, sometimes .tgz
* LUCENE-3158     ensure binary artifacts contain the necessary licensing files
* LUCENE-3159     lucene benchmark has some unnecessary files
* LUCENE-3160     lucene source build doesn't work correctly by itself
from the src dist
* LUCENE-3161     consider warnings from the source compilation
* LUCENE-3162     NOTICE.txt refers to .jar files which are not
included in the binary archives.
* LUCENE-3163     CHANGES.txt has no release date for 3.1.0
* Included Changes2Html output
* KEYS files in both releases (also registered my key with id.apache.org)

Re: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please vote to release the artifacts at http://s.apache.org/lusolr32rc2 as 3.2.0

+1, nice job!

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@osinski.name>.
Hi Robert,

I've verified that the clustering component works fine. The only trivial
thing is the incorrect notice file for SimpleXML (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2561), but we can fix that in the
next release.

Cheers,

Staszek

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
thanks everyone for voting and checking out the artifacts!

vote passes!

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>.
+1

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> +1 to release. Great work!
>
> I saw a trivial issue in solr bin package (apache-solr-3.2.0.tgz).
> I cannot find any script files for backup/replication (e.g. abc, snappuller,
> snapinstaller,...).
> Is this intentional or missing that I should open a ticket?
> (If I remember correctly, apache-solr-1.x.x.tgz included those files.)

I don't think this is intentional... we should open an issue if you
think this should be in the binary release!

Re: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
+1 to release. Great work!

I saw a trivial issue in solr bin package (apache-solr-3.2.0.tgz).
I cannot find any script files for backup/replication (e.g. abc, snappuller, snapinstaller,...).
Is this intentional or missing that I should open a ticket?
(If I remember correctly, apache-solr-1.x.x.tgz included those files.)

I don't think this is a blocker, if it is an issue.

koji
--
http://www.rondhuit.com/en/

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
+1 from me for reasons similar to Andrzej's, although I also won't
have the time to help you out with checking this release. Sorry --
catching up with work after LR.

Dawid

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
+1 to release RC2!

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
Opened LUCENE-3165 and LUCENE-3166 to track these two issues. I marked them
blockers for 3.3 so we remember to revisit them beforehand.

Shai

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.

> Another alternative that wouldn't involve us integrating forrest into
> the build would be to nuke docs/ and rename it to
> src/site/generated_content or something. Then when you run ant it
> copies this to build/docs.

+1. If site is built under src/site/build, we can have "ant docs" or
something that generates jdocs and puts them under build/docs + it copies
src/site/build under build/docs.

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
On 5/31/11 2:01 PM, Shai Erera wrote:
> I checked sums and sigs, ran tests and briefly scanned CHANGES, README etc.
>
> One thing I found is that the 'src' package includes an "index.html" and
> a "docs" folder. If you load index.html in the browser, almost all the
> links work, except for the Javadocs, because they are not part of the
> 'src' package (which is ok). But then if you "ant javadocs", they are
> created under "build/docs" and not "docs". so links still don't work.
>
> I don't think it's a showstopper b/c the docs work fine in the binary
> release, though it'd be good if we can fix that somehow for future
> releases. I don't like inconsistencies. Maybe we should remove all
> "docs" and generate them by an Ant target?
>
> Anyway, given that, here is my +1 for RC2.

I won't have time to test this RC2, but I'm +1 on principle - it passes
tests, contains many improvements, and is awaited eagerly by the
community :)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [VOTE] Lucene/Solr release 3.2 (take 2)

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
Man this is impressive!

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
+1

I walked through the solr example/tutorial and things look good.

Thanks for getting this together!

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 to release.

On May 30, 2011, at 11:54 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> Please vote to release the artifacts at http://s.apache.org/lusolr32rc2 as 3.2.0
>
> Changes from rc1 are mostly packaging issues that testers found:
> * SOLR-2557       ensure example configuration files have the correct
> LUCENE_MATCH_VERSION
> * SOLR-2558       remove "apache lucene version" from solr changes.txt
> "Versions of major components"
> * SOLR-2559       All solr contrib/*/CHANGES.txt have "3.2-dev" as the
> release header.
> * LUCENE-3009     binary packaging: lucene modules/contribs that
> depend on jars are confusing
> * LUCENE-3154     remove version references from the versioned website
> * LUCENE-3155     possibly improve includes/excludes for packages files
> * LUCENE-3156     remove references to contribs that dont exist from docs
> * LUCENE-3157     packaging is sometimes .tar.gz, sometimes .tgz
> * LUCENE-3158     ensure binary artifacts contain the necessary licensing files
> * LUCENE-3159     lucene benchmark has some unnecessary files
> * LUCENE-3160     lucene source build doesn't work correctly by itself
> from the src dist
> * LUCENE-3161     consider warnings from the source compilation
> * LUCENE-3162     NOTICE.txt refers to .jar files which are not
> included in the binary archives.
> * LUCENE-3163     CHANGES.txt has no release date for 3.1.0
> * Included Changes2Html output
> * KEYS files in both releases (also registered my key with id.apache.org)

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com

BERLIN BUZZWORDS JUNE 6-7TH, 2011