Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2012/06/06 11:03:20 UTC

Re: Jackrabbit 2.4.2 release plan

On 2012-05-10 00:46, Bart van der Schans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A small update about the 2.4.2 release. Unfortunately I found yet
> another bug which causes data inconsistencies. This time it's related
> to the handling of node.refresh(). I do have a concurrent stress test
> which can consistently reproduce this, but not a clear reproduction
> path yet. Since we are in the process of chasing down this bug I want
> to hold of the 2.4.2 release for a little bit longer so we hopefully
> have a fix for this issue in the release. I will open a jira issue so
> other people can have a look as well.

Bart, any news on this? I'd prefer a 2.4.2 release as soon as possible,
no matter whether this fix makes it or not :-)

Best regards, Julian

Re: Jackrabbit 2.4.2 release plan

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Bart for the notice,

I've backported JCR-3272 and JCR-3050. The changes seemed harmless enough.

I'll start the release now.

best,
alex

Posted by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com>.

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

I'll start going through the issues tagged with 2.4.2 to make sure
everything is backported.

We have 7 Resolved [0] and 7 Closed [1] ones, sorry about the 2 links, I
couldn't find a way to include both statuses in one go.

Now would be a good time to speak up if you want something else included.

thanks,
alex

[0]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+JCR+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.4.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+JCR+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.4.2%22+AND+status+%3D+Closed+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Bart van der Schans <b....@onehippo.com>.
Hi all,

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com

Re: Jackrabbit 2.4.2 release plan

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2012-06-06 11:33, Alex Parvulescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm available to do the 2.4.2 release if Bart doesn't mind.
>
> best,
> alex

+1

Re: Jackrabbit 2.4.2 release plan