Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/03 15:25:09 UTC

[TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Hi,

based on the discussion relating Windows 8 readiness etc. we have
identified 5 critical issues. And we have already started to work on
these issues and my plan is to have them all ready for a 3.4.1 that we
can decide at any time later if we want to move forward with the W8
support when we have everything in place in time.

For solving one of these issues we have to introduce a new warning box
which means that we have to translate a new string for 3.4.1.

I have updated the Pootle server already with the new string (17 words
only) and I would like to ask our translators to focus on this new
string as soon as possible (ideally this week).

Most important are the languages that we want release:

en-US ar cs de en-GB es fi fr gl hu it ja km nl ru sl pt-BR zh-CN zh-TW

and potentially "sk" where I have to update Pootle with the latest
available updates from Michal Hriň

The new string is in desktop - source - app.po

See for example for French"

desktop.src#STR_BOOTSTRAP_ERR_MULTISESSION.string.text

https://translate.apache.org/fr/OOo_34/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated

"de" will be covered by myself ;-) because there is currently a problem
that I don't understand and that I have to solve.

To simplify the update I would prefer if the string get translated on
the Pootle server.

Please send me a short note when an updated or better a translation of
the string is available. I will take care of the integration.

If anybody have problems doing it on Pootle please let me know.

Juergen

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/4/12 2:24 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to give a short update, I have accepted all suggestions
> where necessary.
>
> Update completed:
> de, it, fr, es, en-GB, gl, sk, hu ru, pt-BR, nl
>
> Open:
> zh-CN, zh-TW, ar, fi, cd, ja, km, sl

fi and km are covered now

any volunteers for zh-CN zh-TW ar cs ja sl?

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michal Hriň <mi...@aol.com>.
in slovak is translated anonymously online, too.
approve it someone.

2012.07.03. 15:25 keltezéssel, Jürgen Schmidt írta:
> Hi,
>
> based on the discussion relating Windows 8 readiness etc. we have
> identified 5 critical issues. And we have already started to work on
> these issues and my plan is to have them all ready for a 3.4.1 that we
> can decide at any time later if we want to move forward with the W8
> support when we have everything in place in time.
>
> For solving one of these issues we have to introduce a new warning box
> which means that we have to translate a new string for 3.4.1.
>
> I have updated the Pootle server already with the new string (17 words
> only) and I would like to ask our translators to focus on this new
> string as soon as possible (ideally this week).
>
> Most important are the languages that we want release:
>
> en-US ar cs de en-GB es fi fr gl hu it ja km nl ru sl pt-BR zh-CN zh-TW
>
> and potentially "sk" where I have to update Pootle with the latest
> available updates from Michal Hriň
>
> The new string is in desktop - source - app.po
>
> See for example for French"
>
> desktop.src#STR_BOOTSTRAP_ERR_MULTISESSION.string.text
>
> https://translate.apache.org/fr/OOo_34/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
>
> "de" will be covered by myself ;-) because there is currently a problem
> that I don't understand and that I have to solve.
>
> To simplify the update I would prefer if the string get translated on
> the Pootle server.
>
> Please send me a short note when an updated or better a translation of
> the string is available. I will take care of the integration.
>
> If anybody have problems doing it on Pootle please let me know.
>

> Juergen

The HU translation is ready.
Zoltan

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Reizinger Zoltán <zr...@hdsnet.hu>.
2012.07.03. 15:25 keltezéssel, Jürgen Schmidt írta:
> Hi,
>
> based on the discussion relating Windows 8 readiness etc. we have
> identified 5 critical issues. And we have already started to work on
> these issues and my plan is to have them all ready for a 3.4.1 that we
> can decide at any time later if we want to move forward with the W8
> support when we have everything in place in time.
>
> For solving one of these issues we have to introduce a new warning box
> which means that we have to translate a new string for 3.4.1.
>
> I have updated the Pootle server already with the new string (17 words
> only) and I would like to ask our translators to focus on this new
> string as soon as possible (ideally this week).
>
> Most important are the languages that we want release:
>
> en-US ar cs de en-GB es fi fr gl hu it ja km nl ru sl pt-BR zh-CN zh-TW
>
> and potentially "sk" where I have to update Pootle with the latest
> available updates from Michal Hriň
>
> The new string is in desktop - source - app.po
>
> See for example for French"
>
> desktop.src#STR_BOOTSTRAP_ERR_MULTISESSION.string.text
>
> https://translate.apache.org/fr/OOo_34/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
>
> "de" will be covered by myself ;-) because there is currently a problem
> that I don't understand and that I have to solve.
>
> To simplify the update I would prefer if the string get translated on
> the Pootle server.
>
> Please send me a short note when an updated or better a translation of
> the string is available. I will take care of the integration.
>
> If anybody have problems doing it on Pootle please let me know.
>

> Juergen

The HU translation is ready.
Zoltan

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
Am Dienstag, 3. Juli 2012 um 17:17 schrieb FR web forum:
> String has been translated in french.
> I make it in anonymous, could you commit it?

Perfect and yes I will take care of it, thanks

Jürgen

Posted by Anton Meixome <me...@certima.net>.
2012/7/3 Stuart Swales <st...@gmail.com>:
> On 03/07/2012 16:17, FR web forum wrote:
>> String has been translated in french.
>> I make it in anonymous, could you commit it?
>> Thanks
>>
>> ----- Mail original -----

> Please commit for en-GB too (no translation changes needed in this case)
>
> Cheers
>
> Stuart
> --
> Stuart Swales

Galician done

(@Michal) Slovak approved, too.

--
Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Galician community LibO & AOO

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Stuart Swales <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by FR web forum <oo...@free.fr>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>.
On 7/3/12 3:39 PM, RGB ES wrote:
> 2012/7/3 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> based on the discussion relating Windows 8 readiness etc. we have
>> identified 5 critical issues. And we have already started to work on
>> these issues and my plan is to have them all ready for a 3.4.1 that we
>> can decide at any time later if we want to move forward with the W8
>> support when we have everything in place in time.
>>
>> For solving one of these issues we have to introduce a new warning box
>> which means that we have to translate a new string for 3.4.1.
>>
>> I have updated the Pootle server already with the new string (17 words
>> only) and I would like to ask our translators to focus on this new
>> string as soon as possible (ideally this week).
>>
>> Most important are the languages that we want release:
>>
>> en-US ar cs de en-GB es fi fr gl hu it ja km nl ru sl pt-BR zh-CN zh-TW
>>
>> and potentially "sk" where I have to update Pootle with the latest
>> available updates from Michal Hriň
>>
>> The new string is in desktop - source - app.po
>>
>> See for example for French"
>>
>> desktop.src#STR_BOOTSTRAP_ERR_MULTISESSION.string.text
>>
>> https://translate.apache.org/fr/OOo_34/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
>>
>> "de" will be covered by myself ;-) because there is currently a problem
>> that I don't understand and that I have to solve.
>>
>> To simplify the update I would prefer if the string get translated on
>> the Pootle server.
>>
>> Please send me a short note when an updated or better a translation of
>> the string is available. I will take care of the integration.
>>
>> If anybody have problems doing it on Pootle please let me know.
>>

>> Juergen
>>

> The ES translation is ready.
>
> A particular thing I've seen is that when I translated that string and
> click "send", two more strings were offered to translate, but both, on
> the original English version were empty with only a space on it. I did
> not take note about the "string" location, sorry.

thanks for the info, I noticed similar behavior that I don't understand
yet. Will keep you informed when I know more.

Juergen

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Salomon <ro...@gmail.com>.
Suggestions for pt_BR made on pootle.

--
Roberto Salomon
http://rfsalomon.blogspot.com.br/

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Serg Bormant <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2012/7/3 Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@googlemail.com>:

> I have updated the Pootle server already with the new string (17 words
> only) and I would like to ask our translators to focus on this new
> string as soon as possible (ideally this week).
>
> To simplify the update I would prefer if the string get translated on
> the Pootle server.
>
> Please send me a short note when an updated or better a translation of
> the string is available. I will take care of the integration.

I left suggestion for Russian on Pootle:
You have another instance running in a different terminal session.
Close that instance and then try again.
В другом терминальном сеансе запущена копия приложения. Закройте её и
повторите попытку.

> If anybody have problems doing it on Pootle please let me know.
I have no login on Pootle (ICLA was signed, sent, and filed).

--
wbr, sb

Re: [TRANSLATION][3.4.1]: update Pootle server to include new string for a new warning box

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

sorry for my top post, but it is a reply to this complete thread.

That is really cool what is happening here regarding translation.
Jürgen sent out out a request and 8 hours later already a lot of the requested
translations are done.
I have to express how motivating such an experience is.

Keep on going, I will try to follow such kind of behavior.

Best regards, Oliver.