Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by me...@homag.de on 2001/09/10 10:00:10 UTC

problems with starting tomact as a service on WINNT 4.0

Hello to any reader of this mail!
Does anybody know about a problem with running Tomcat 3.2.3 as a service on
WINNT 4.0. Since one week I try to do this without success.
I installed an Apache Web Server 1.3.20, Jakarta Tomcat 3.2.3, the mod_jk
module and jdk 1.3. The Apache Web Server is running as a service. When
starting Tomcat by the startup script, I can start the servlet examples
installed with Jakarta Tomcat.
Now I want to start Tomcat as a NT service. Therefore I did everything
written in "Jakarta  NT Service" of the Tomcat documentation. There are no
problems with the installation, but when I want to start the service by
"net start Tomcat" or from the NT services applet, I get only the message
"Could not start the Tomcat service on \\SGL1. Error 2140 An internal
Windows NT error occurred".
Has anybody an idea how to solve the problem or where to get more
information.

Thanks
Meinhard