Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by denis cardon <de...@newstakes.com> on 2001/01/04 13:57:58 UTC

sample files using batik

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if there are example files using Batik available somewhere? Since the documentation is still
in alpha stage, learning Batik is mostly done through sample code :)

Batik seems to a great piece of software and I am really eager to learn! (and it actually seems to work much better than other renderer like the Adobe plugin for example :)

Thank you very much

Denis

Re: sample files using batik

Posted by Bill Haneman <bi...@ireland.sun.com>.
> denis cardon wrote:
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I would like to know if there are example files using Batik available
> somewhere? Since the documentation is still
> in alpha stage, learning Batik is mostly done through sample code :)

Since Batik is an apache open-source project, it's all sample code ;-)

Seriously, the areas where you are most likely to get ideas are
in the org.apache.batik.apps directory, especially in
subdirectories svgviewer, applet, and rasterizer.
(please note that the applet code is not thoroughly tested yet -
and since Batik requires Java2, only browsers with Java2 capability
or a Java2 plugin can run the applet).

We haven't, to my knowledge, created a detailed documentation plan
yet.  If, after looking at this source code, there are particular areas
where you think more documentation is needed, drop us a line - keeping
in mind that we need contributions of time and effort to add new
documentation.
If you would like to help write some of this documentation, that's
even better ;-)

> Batik seems to a great piece of software and I am really eager to
> learn! (and it actually seems to work much better than other renderer
> like the Adobe plugin for example :)

Thanks for your support and encouragement!  If there are particular
things
that you like/dislike, particularly in comparison to other
renderers, we'd be interested to know them.

--
Bill Haneman