Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Evan Rusackas <ev...@preset.io.INVALID> on 2022/09/01 02:41:34 UTC

Town Hall tomorrow (and notes/recap from last time)

Hey everyone!

The Superset Town Hall takes place tomorrow, September 1st, at 9am PST. Please feel free to join to hear about a few of the things happening in the Superset community. Feel free to add topics to the agenda [1]

I also wanted to share out the notes from the prior sync which are also below the agenda in the same doc [1].

Topics covered last time ranged far and wide but there were some ares of interest where we might like to see more people involved:

• Releases - we’re starting to talk more about what might be in 3.0, and what the timeline of that release might take shape as. This leads to a few things:
    • We’ll be rekindling the Operational Model working group to better facilitate these discussions, and will notify everyone of the next sync via the Superset Community Calendar[2]
    • A Github Project board [3] has been started to track these breaking changes and large features, and track their progress
    • We want to increase release velocity, particularly around stabilizing our LTS releases - if anyone would like to get involved in being (or assisting) a release manager, let us know!
• There’s some renewed interest in discussion/scoping of what folks might want for a global search feature - we’ll try to set up the right forum/fora for this discussion, and keep you posted!

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNtQhrJLCN59tc6FDI2iq4W-aoS6CISCo6S7hHgGMpM/edit#
[2] https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/2?cid=c3VwZXJzZXQuY29tbWl0dGVyc0BnbWFpbC5jb20
[3] https://github.com/apache/superset/projects/49

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!