Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Brian Tarbox <ta...@cabotresearch.com> on 2012/10/19 19:23:09 UTC

why does my "Effective-Ownership" and "Load" from ring give such different answers?

I had a two node cluster that I expanded to four nodes.  I ran the token
generation script and moved all the nodes so that when I run "nodetool
ring" each node reports 25% Effective-Ownership.

However, my load numbers map out to 39%, 30%, 15%, 17%.

How can that be?

Thanks.

Re: why does my "Effective-Ownership" and "Load" from ring give such different answers?

Posted by Andrey Ilinykh <ai...@gmail.com>.
Did you run cleanup?

Andrey