Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org> on 2017/05/09 02:23:12 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Hi everyone,

I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.2
release.

The commit id is 7f2b8dda4be515a3d1f0b60d5175ee500dbe16e2

* This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.2-rc4
* https://s.apache.org/avro-1.8.2-rc4

The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.2-rc4/

You can find the KEYS file here:
* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/avro/KEYS

Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1013
* https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1014

This release includes:
* A spec for single-message Avro encoding and a Java implementation
* Java: Bug fixes for Java logical types
* Java: Support for Decimal with specific classes
* Ruby: A fix for compatibility when using snappy
* Python 3: Updated to use the standard module-level logging pattern
* C++: Support for Boost >= 1.59
* And more bug fixes...

Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at least
72 hours. Given sufficient votes, I would like to close it on or about 9AM
CDT on Sunday, 14 May 2017.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.2
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this because...

--
Suraj Acharya

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Why are there two Nexus staging repositories for the Java binary artifacts?
I think we normally only produce one.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Gabor Szadovszky <ga...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Suraj,

Posted by Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Satish!

FYI, the 1.8.2 artifacts have already been staged on the ASF distro
mirrors, I think Suraj is just working through the rest of the
downstream publishing points:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/avro/avro-1.8.2/

--
busbey

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Suraj,

Posted by Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Harsha Chintalapani <av...@harsha.io>.
+1

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
+1

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Niels Basjes <Ni...@basjes.nl>.
Downloaded source, ran build test and rat checks.
Everything passed

+1

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:18 AM, Doug Cutting <cu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
>
> Downloaded source, verified checksum.  All tests passed on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> Doug
>
> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 7:23 PM, Suraj Acharya <su...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I propose the following RC to be released as official Apache Avro 1.8.2
> > release.
> >
> > The commit id is 7f2b8dda4be515a3d1f0b60d5175ee500dbe16e2
> >
> > * This corresponds to the tag: release-1.8.2-rc4
> > * https://s.apache.org/avro-1.8.2-rc4
> >
> > The release tarball, signature, and checksums are here:
> > * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/avro/avro-1.8.2-rc4/
> >
> > You can find the KEYS file here:
> > * https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/avro/KEYS
> >
> > Binary artifacts for Java are staged in Nexus here:
> > * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1013
> > * https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheavro-1014
> >
> > This release includes:
> > * A spec for single-message Avro encoding and a Java implementation
> > * Java: Bug fixes for Java logical types
> > * Java: Support for Decimal with specific classes
> > * Ruby: A fix for compatibility when using snappy
> > * Python 3: Updated to use the standard module-level logging pattern
> > * C++: Support for Boost >= 1.59
> > * And more bug fixes...
> >
> > Please download, verify, and test. This vote will remain open for at
> least
> > 72 hours. Given sufficient votes, I would like to close it on or about
> 9AM
> > CDT on Sunday, 14 May 2017.
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release this as Apache Avro 1.8.2
> > [ ] +0
> > [ ] -1 Do not release this because...
> >
> > --
> > Suraj Acharya

Niels Basjes

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Avro 1.8.2 RC4

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@gmail.com>.
+1