Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/26 18:49:20 UTC

onchange submit action

So I have a <form> with action = "template" and on this form i have several
submit buttons, with methods = "save", "restore", and "preview".

I also have some <a> links with href action urls - example:

<s:url action="template" method="view" id="view">
    <s:param name="sponsor" value="%{sponsor}" />
    <s:param name="type" value="#currentType" />
</s:url>

Finally, i have a select box, and i would like the select box to submit the
form to the "view" method when it changes.  i have set the onchange
attribute = "dispatchForm(this.form)", which calls form.onSubmit() and then
form.submit().
However, since the action on the form is only "template", my view() method
is not called.  But, if i change the action on the form to "template!view",
then my submit buttons do not call the correct method.  Any ideas on how to
get around this?

Thanks,
Brian

Re: onchange submit action

Posted by Brian Relph <re...@gmail.com>.
A few more minutes of experimenting and i answered my own question ...

anyone else who wonders, instead of using

<s:submit cssClass="templateButton" value="%{getText('healthe.admin.save')}"
method="save" />

i used

<s:submit cssClass="templateButton" value="%{getText('healthe.admin.save')}"
action="template!save" />

and then changed the action for the form tag to be "template!view"