Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz> on 2010/05/11 23:10:07 UTC

Documentation

Hello;

If I want to make modifications to pages in the documentation;

	http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/...

Is there a means of getting authentication information for that system so I can make those changes or should I give those additions and amendments to somebody to load in?

cheers.

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Re: Documentation

Posted by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz>.
Hi Andrus;

Thanks for that -- I was able to load that material in.  I just added it to the "CAYDOC" so thanks for that warning.

cheers.

> I got your CLA (and forwarded that to the ASF secretary). I also added your Confluence id "apl" t...

___
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz

Re: Documentation

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Andrew,

I got your CLA (and forwarded that to the ASF secretary). I also added
your Confluence id "apl" to the editors group. Let me know if you
still don't have access.

Also note that if you update CAYDOC30 space, you will also need to
update the corresponding pages in CAYDOC space if appropriate, so that
we don't lose the docs going forward. Think of CAYDOC as the wiki
"trunk" and CAYDOC30 as "STABLE-3.0" branch.

Thanks,
Andrus

Re: Documentation

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Documentation

Re: Documentation

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
Yes I agree. Someone could be made a committer on the basis of their documentation contributions. But we've never given anyone access to the documentation without also making them a committer to svn. At least not yet.

Ari

On 12/05/10 9:40 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> Just to be clear, we don't "change the rules."  We add individuals who
> have a track record of positive community-reviewed changes as
> committers.  That's as true for documentation as it is for code.
>

> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Aristedes Maniatis<ar...@maniatis.org>  wrote:
>> On 12/05/10 7:10 AM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
>>>
>>> If I want to make modifications to pages in the documentation;
>>>
>>>         http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/...
>>>
>>> Is there a means of getting authentication information for that system so
>>> I can make those changes or should I give those additions and amendments to
>>> somebody to load in?
>>
>> Because the documentation forms part of the 'product' that is Cayenne, the
>> current situation is that only committers have the rights to change the
>> documentation space. The wiki space is however more open.
>>
>> The PMC has the discretion to set and change these rules and we want to make
>> it easy for people to help improve the documentation. Why don't you start
>> for now by sending through those additions to this list and if you are going
>> to have ongoing contributions it would be in everyone's interest to make
>> that as easy as possible for you.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ari
>>

>> --
>> -------------------------->
>> Aristedes Maniatis

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Documentation

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Re: Documentation

Posted by Andrew Lindesay <ap...@lindesay.co.nz>.
Hello Ari;

Thanks –– for now, I'll send that to you/list to put in.

cheers.

Re: Documentation

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.