Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Radha C." <cr...@ceiindia.com> on 2009/03/05 11:59:27 UTC

Solr java client using solrj API

Hi,

We are planning to use solr search server for our database content search,
so we have a plan to create our own java client.
Does solrj API provide the facilities to create java client for our database
search? Where I can get the information about the integration of oracle
content +solr search server+java client using solrj API. Any help will be
appriciated.

Thanks,

RE: Solr java client using solrj API

Posted by "Radha C." <cr...@ceiindia.com>.
Thanks, my client will send the query to solr and retrive the result from solr, so solrj is having this facilities and I can use this API.

if you wish to search the content in your DB , you will need to index it first to Solr.
the search can be done on Solr and if you are using java , you can use SolrJ for that.
--Noble

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Radha C. <cr...@ceiindia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to use solr search server for our database content
> search, so we have a plan to create our own java client.
> Does solrj API provide the facilities to create java client for our
> database search? Where I can get the information about the integration
> of oracle content +solr search server+java client using solrj API. Any
> help will be appriciated.

--Noble Paul

Re: Solr java client using solrj API

Posted by Noble Paul നോബിള്‍ नोब्ळ् <no...@gmail.com>.
if you wish to search the content in your DB , you will need to index
it first to Solr.
the search can be done on Solr and if you are using java , you can use
SolrJ for that.
--Noble

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Radha C. <cr...@ceiindia.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to use solr search server for our database content search,
> so we have a plan to create our own java client.
> Does solrj API provide the facilities to create java client for our database
> search? Where I can get the information about the integration of oracle
> content +solr search server+java client using solrj API. Any help will be
> appriciated.

--Noble Paul