Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Fr...@ar-ent.net on 2000/10/09 18:40:20 UTC

PerlWarn On being ignored on win32

Hi,
I have problems having mod_perl show his warnings: setting PerlWarn to On,
nothing appears into the ErrorLog.
I tried to change che LogLevel down to "debug": other messages do appear,
but not the perl warnings.

I'm using Perl 5.6.0, mod_perl 1.24, apache 1.3.12 as localhost. The same
script issues warnings, as expected, using linux as web-server.

This is the area in my httpd.conf file:
LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll
PerlWarn On
ScriptAlias /perl/test/ q:/web/perl/test/
<Location /perl/test>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader On
    Options +ExecCGI
</Location>

What am I missing ?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Franco

Re: PerlWarn On being ignored on win32

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000 Franco.Radice@ar-ent.net wrote:

> Hi,
> I have problems having mod_perl show his warnings: setting PerlWarn to On,
> nothing appears into the ErrorLog.
> I tried to change che LogLevel down to "debug": other messages do appear,
> but not the perl warnings.
>
> I'm using Perl 5.6.0, mod_perl 1.24, apache 1.3.12 as localhost. The same
> script issues warnings, as expected, using linux as web-server.
>
> This is the area in my httpd.conf file:
> LoadModule perl_module modules/ApacheModulePerl.dll
> PerlWarn On
> ScriptAlias /perl/test/ q:/web/perl/test/
> <Location /perl/test>
>     SetHandler perl-script
>     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>     PerlSendHeader On
>     Options +ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> What am I missing ?
> Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
> Franco

Hi,
    Can you supply a stripped down version of a script
which illustrates this? On my Win32, PerlWarn works
with a simple script:
   #!/Perl/bin/perl.exe
   print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
   my $x;
   print "$x<BR>";
This is with the current cvs mod_perl version, though.
Are you also running perl-5.6.0/mod_perl-1.24/apache_1.3.12
on your linux machine?

best regards,
randy kobes