Posted to retreats@apache.org by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org> on 2011/03/02 10:31:01 UTC

Arrival in dublin

Hey folks,

of course Nick had to explicitly point me to the list,
so I'm re-asking the question here (:

Given the fact that Orbitz says it's roughly 2 times
cheaper, I'm much considering to fly in on Thursday,
arriving in the evening in Dublin.
Is this be possible or sensible? Will there be a place
at the hostel? Being there early, I'll volunteer to
help out - is there a need?

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org

Re: Arrival in dublin

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011, Igor Galić wrote:
> Given the fact that Orbitz says it's roughly 2 times cheaper, I'm much
> considering to fly in on Thursday, arriving in the evening in Dublin. Is
> this be possible or sensible? Will there be a place at the hostel?

We don't have the hostel booked on the Thursday night, but it'll be open
as normal. You'd just need to book a spot on their website. (And share
with a non Apache person!)

If it were me though, I'd find a different hostel in Dublin on the
Thursday night, and see a bit of the city. You ought to be able to get a
hostel in the city for not too much more.

> Being there early, I'll volunteer to help out - is there a need?

The main thing for Friday afternoon is likely to be driving to Bray and
back to pick up people from the BART, and also to let anyone who forgot
anything buy it!

My plan is to arrive at the hostel for around lunchtime on the Friday. If
you're there before that, then dig out your hiking boots and enjoy the
surrounding countryside :)

Nick