Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Anoop Ranganath <An...@factory23.com> on 2000/09/20 00:46:47 UTC

java arg

I just realized that i had to break up the argument list into one line per
token.  kind of annoying.

anyways, i was wondering if there was any way to get ant to continue
building even if a class does not reutn properly.  right now, it just drops
out without saying a word.

anoop

Re: java arg

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 AR> I just realized that i had to break up the argument list into one
 AR> line per token.  kind of annoying.

No, you could use <arg line="..." /> to make Ant tokenize it for
you. The value attribute comes in very handy if you need to specify
attributes that contain spaces.

 AR> anyways, i was wondering if there was any way to get ant to
 AR> continue building even if a class does not reutn properly.

You're thinking of a "make -k" look alike, right? This has been
discussed and chances are that a command line switch to support this
will be there.

 AR> right now, it just drops out without saying a word.

Oops. which task is that? At least some kind of informative error
message should have been provided.

Or do you mean you are invoking (with fork="no") that calls
System.exit() with the <java> task. If so, set fork="yes". Maybe Ant
will use a SecurityManager of its own to prevent other classes from
calling System.exit in the future, but currently forking is all you
can do.

Stefan

RE: sample build.xml files

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@mad.scientist.com>.
Alternatively you can look at
http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/framework/build.xml?
rev=1.63&content-type=text/plain

Except for the documentation targets it should be reasonably easy to follow
(if it isn't then tell me).

It is example of a complex java only project. I don't know of any good
examples for ejb style projects.

At 08:59  20/9/00 +1100, you wrote:
>You could look at ant's own build.xml file. It is a pretty good real world
>example.

Cheers,

Pete

RE: sample build.xml files