Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Julien Bittard <ju...@unilog.logicacmg.com> on 2006/06/02 11:55:38 UTC

Troubleshooting with number format

Hello,

In my web application, I created a Excel file with POI which contains
Numeric cells. When I export this file in MS EXCel (2000 or 2003), there is
a message on open : "Erreur de fichier. Certains formats de nombre ont
peut-être été perdus."  = Perhaps certain number formats were lost.

Have you an idea ?

thanks.

Re: Troubleshooting with number format

Posted by Julien Bittard <ju...@unilog.logicacmg.com>.
Julien Bittard <julien.bittard <at> unilog.logicacmg.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In my web application, I created a Excel file with POI which contains
> Numeric cells. When I export this file in MS EXCel (2000 or 2003), there is
> a message on open : "Erreur de fichier. Certains formats de nombre ont
> peut-être été perdus."  = Perhaps certain number formats were lost.
>
> Have you an idea ?
>
> thanks.

I have noticed that the number format i want to use in POI is "#,##0.00", but
in MS EXCEL, the same format is "# ##0,00"...
Why it's different for the same result ?