Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com> on 2015/10/02 23:09:18 UTC

Adding a new checkbox in admin/conf room layout to control a new room parameter

Dear Maxim and OpenMeetiings Developers,

We would like to add a new Room parameter called "hideMathMenu" as a
checkbox in ‘admin -> conf room -> layout’. It needs to behave similar
to "hideActionsMenu", but for our own MathMenu.  This will allow us to
include this menu selectively in a few conference rooms.

Below are details of how we have modified files that have
"hideActionsMenu" and "hideWhiteboard".  Still the checkbox does not
appear in ADMIN => ROOM Configuration.  Could you please advise us what
we are missing?

Thank you. -------------------

Detailed, relevant code

We added a new variable mathmenuHidden in RoomDTO.java along with its
getter/setter methods and initialization lines.

     private boolean mathmenuHidden;

Then, Added column element for "hideMathmenu", along with getter/ setter
in Room.java

Next, Add new checkbox for "hasMathmenu" in RoomForm.java

Do we need to add a status variable for hideActionsMenu similar to the
one below?  For example any XML file entry or Key need to be created, or
there is a mention of "appendJavaScript("omRoomPanelInit();" in
RoomForm.java and RoomsPanel.java, but we could not find it in the
JavaScript.

We could not use the Key 1439 to learn more, as it is no longer used.
The code changes for OpenMeetings-20 to OpenMeetings-24 and
OpenMEetings-89 issues are not accessible in JIRA.

OpenmeetingsVariables.java

       Define static Boolean mathMenuStatus = null;  // Similar to whiteboardDrawStatus

Other changes that we did include:

1. ImportInitvalues.java

          r.setHideMathmenu( true );

        // Near Line504, So that it does not appear unless added by Admin checkbox

2.  conferenceMenubar.lzx

In conferenceMenubar.lzx, defined new Menu entry with visible attribute:
<baseMenuMeetingsItem text="$once{ canvas.getLabelName(1637) }"
visible="${ (classroot.viewType=='interview') ? false : ((
canvas.ismoderator ) ? (!canvas.currentRoomObj.hideMathmenu) : false ) }"

3.  RoomManager.java

    To the "addRoom()"  and "updateRoomInternal()"  methods add a parameter after "hideWhiteboard":

     "hideMathmenu".  Also added this parameter to all the places where these two methods are called, in this file or in the following two files.

4.  RoomWebService.java

5.  RoomWebServiceFacade.java

Sincerely,

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

Elite Premio Complex Suite 200 Survey No 7 & 8 Balewadi Pune 411045
Maharashtra India

_Susheel.Jalali@Coscend.com <ma...@Coscend.com>_

Web site:www.Coscend.com <http://www.Coscend.com>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

Re: Adding a new checkbox in admin/conf room layout to control a new room parameter

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
to use debugger,
you need to add strings like this to the lzx code

if ($debug) Debug.write("hideChatContent::hide " + hide);

then recompile, then reload page
To save time on recompiling you can use lzx specific ant targets:

client.only
client.debug.only

compile.laszlo.main.as3
compile.laszlo.main
compile.laszlo.networktesting

compile.laszlo.main.debug.as3
compile.laszlo.main.debug
compile.laszlo.networktesting.debug

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Adding a new checkbox in admin/conf room layout to control a new room parameter

Posted by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Adding a new checkbox in admin/conf room layout to control a new room parameter

Posted by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
>> whiteboardDrawStatus
>> Other changes that we did include:
>> 1. ImportInitvalues.java
>>           r.setHideMathmenu( true );
>>         // Near Line504, So that it does not appear unless added by Admin
>> checkbox
>> 2.  conferenceMenubar.lzx
>> In conferenceMenubar.lzx, defined new Menu entry with visible attribute:
>> <baseMenuMeetingsItem text="$once{ canvas.getLabelName(1637) }" visible="${
>> (classroot.viewType=='interview') ? false : (( canvas.ismoderator ) ?
>> (!canvas.currentRoomObj.hideMathmenu) : false ) }"
>> 3.  RoomManager.java
>>     To the "addRoom()"  and "updateRoomInternal()"  methods add a
>> parameter after "hideWhiteboard":
>>      "hideMathmenu".  Also added this parameter to all the places where
>> these two methods are called, in this file or in the following two files.

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: Adding a new checkbox in admin/conf room layout to control a new room parameter

Posted by Susheel Jalali <Su...@Coscend.com>.
Dear Maxim,