Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@smtl.co.uk> on 2004/08/24 17:17:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Test chroot apache2 jail before setting up DNS tables entries .

Hi I want to test my New Linux Web Apache 2 Server .
Thus I need to test minimum two virtual hosts (Multiple) with one IP
Address from my Local LAN .

I have used IDS intrusion detection system but for now I rather test
without my my server being connected to our Network or DNS .
Thus query the the chrooted /etc/hosts file first before checking with
the DNS server .

I have edit /etc/hosts within my chroot apache2 jail environment.
Server IP address 192.b.c.d

127.0.0.1 localhost

192.b.c.d bloodhound.org bloodhound (server name)
192.b.c.d test1.dog.org  test1 (vhost)
192.b.c.d test2.dog.org  test2 (vhost)

Named Virtual Hosting schema
NameVirtualHost 192.b.c.d

<VirtualHost *>

    Default Directives. (In other words, not site #1 or site #2)

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.b.c.d>

    servername test1.dog.org
    DocumentRoot /chroot/test1/index.html

    Directives for site #1

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.b.c.d>

    servername test2.dog.org
    DocumentRoot /chroot/test2/index.html

    Directives for site #2

</VirtualHost>

Am I on the right tracks I just need to know how to configure /etc/host
file correctly .

TIA

Chuck

--