Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by John McCosker <J....@andronics.com> on 2005/03/29 11:35:14 UTC

RE: Service Fails when deploying simple request and response flow handlers

Hi Jane, sorry I am only getting back to you,

this was my WSDD prior to solving the problem.

   xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
   xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3c.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">

 <handler name="ServiceRequestLogger"
type="neo.axis.handlers.logging.ServiceRequestLogger">
  <parameter name="performanceLog"
value="c:\cfusionmx\runtime\logs\axis_performance.log"/>
  <parameter name="requestLog"
value="c:\cfusionmx\runtime\logs\axis_request.log"/>
 </handler>
 <handler name="ServiceResponseLogger"
type="neo.axis.handlers.logging.ServiceResponseLogger">
  <parameter name="performanceLog"
value="c:\cfusionmx\runtime\logs\axis_performance.log"/>
 </handler>

 <service name="FleetInformation" provider="java:RPC">
  <requestFlow>
   <handler type="ServiceRequestLogger"/>
  </requestFlow>
  <responseFlow>
   <handler type="ServiceResponseLogger"/>
  </responseFlow>
  <parameter name="className" value="neo.axis.levelOne.FleetInformation"/>
  <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="getPosition testConnection
initializeSession getOdometer"/>
 </service>

</deployment>

the service would just fail with this, but the problem was in my Handler
element,
<handler name="ServiceRequestLogger"
type="neo.axis.handlers.logging.ServiceRequestLogger">

Ii should have been
<handler name="ServiceRequestLogger"
type="java:neo.axis.handlers.logging.ServiceRequestLogger">

very easy mistake to make and spot as the parameter attribute in the service
Element takesm ignores
the java:.

Hope this helps.

JP.