Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 03:49:49 UTC

[discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

We had some discussion with a user request [1], The initial thought from me
is to include the security patches since G2.2.1 and pull in the recent
openejb 3.1.5 clustering changes.

But it seems openejb 3.1.5 is not ready now, we have to hold until openejb
is in a good shape.   In this period,  we at least can clean other things
for G2.2.2,  I'd like to use this thread to hear the voice on what else we
might want to put into Geronimo 2.2.2.

[1]
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/Request-for-Geronimo-2-2-2-Release-td3985045.html

--
Shawn

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Posted by gqmulligan <gq...@gmail.com>.
The Jira fix I really want in the release is found
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6171 here  .

My original explanation can also be found
http://apache-geronimo.328035.n3.nabble.com/ISSUE-Root-context-puts-double-backslash-quot-quot-in-urls-td3985029.html
here .

I am looking forward to this release.

Thanks a lot.

Re: [discussion]Time to release to Geronimo 2.2.2 ?

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
if you are talking about

the patch there is to upgrade EJB to 3.1 and JPA to 2.0.   I don't know if
it's allowed for a Java EE 5 application server.   IMHO, if the user wants
EJB 3.1 and JPA 2.0 in G2.x,  he/she should provide a plugin for them
instead of upgrading the default EJB 3.0 and JPA 1.0 in the server directly.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, David !

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

I just took a look at the changes you made in
GERONIMO-6337<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6337>
 and GERONIMO-6338 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-6338>.
for jaspic.   the changes are so huge so that It's very hard to merge it
back to 2.2 without deep jspic knowledge.

Could you please port it back when you have time ?   I've added this item
to G2.2.2 release plan[1].

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxPMGT/Geronimo+2.2.2+Release+Status++--Ongoing

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.