Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/08 04:46:09 UTC

can i monitor all hadoop component from one box?

hi,maillist:

      i want to check all hadoop cluster component process is alive or die
,i do not know if it can do like check zookeeper node from one
machine?thanks

Re: can i monitor all hadoop component from one box?

Posted by Juan Carlos <jc...@redoop.org>.
If you plan to check with nagios I'm working in some scripts (Early
development stage) https://github.com/jucaf/nagios-hadoop and for ganglia
most of hadoop component sends metrics to ganglia by configuration, but
some pieces doesn't do it, I have some scripts to send metrics from oozie,
and storm (it's supossed storm to send metrics but I wasn't able....)
https://github.com/jucaf/ganglia-storm
https://github.com/jucaf/gmond_python_modules/tree/oozie
also a little patch to support elastic search 1.x
https://github.com/ganglia/gmond_python_modules/pull/146/files
If you try to use them, let me know and I could help you with its
installation and configuration...
regards

Posted by Juan Carlos <jc...@redoop.org>.

Posted by Juan Carlos <jc...@redoop.org>.

Posted by Juan Carlos <jc...@redoop.org>.

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: can i monitor all hadoop component from one box?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: can i monitor all hadoop component from one box?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: can i monitor all hadoop component from one box?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar