Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/14 05:15:53 UTC

compiling c++ broker trunk on windows: Cannot find source file "documents"

Checked out the head today, r836084. Got boost built. Got CMake "configured"
successfully. When I try to "generate", cmake throws this error:

CMake Error in src/CMakeLists.txt:

Cannot find source file "documents". Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp

.cxx .m .M .mm .h .hh .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in .txx

I don't see the word "documents" in src/CMakeLists.txt at all, but I'm a
cmake newb. I'm kind of banging my head on the wall at this point...

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

--
73 de n1ywb

Re: compiling c++ broker trunk on windows: Cannot find source file "documents"

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
So I used the trunk version of qpid-route (dunno why I didn't try it before)
and that works.

Unfortunately it seems that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2199is still in effect; my
link connection is stuck forever in the "connecting"
state.

This is a show-stopper for my application :(

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
Eureka!

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
BTW Steve, have you had a chance to look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2199 ? If you know off hand that
trunk doesn't have a fix for this, I can save your time and mine by giving
up.

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> > > Unfortunately it seems that
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2199is still in
effect;
> > my
> > > link connection is stuck forever in the "connecting" state.
> >
> > Right, this is not fixed.
> >
> > > This is a show-stopper for my application :(
> >
> > That's too bad. Any chance you can lend a hand in fixing
> the problem?
> >

> I can give it a shot. Can you give me any pointers to get
> started? qpid is an imposing hunk code...

Yes, it is... I have a feeling the problem is that the broker connect
is done blocking and the plumbing for noticing the connection is up is
expecting some kind of callback that's not happening.

If that's it, it'll be in the qpid/cpp/src/qpid/sys/windows directory,
probably AsynchIO.cpp. I also wrote a blog post about that ;-)

-Steve

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I also saw your other messages... Thanks for your persistence and
> congrats on finding the cause. Can you please jira the check for boost
> system? You can't just add it to what's needed since it was added at a
> particular boost version (1.36, 37?) and the boost version isn't known
> until the check is done.

Well thanks for _your_ help tracking it down.

also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-2203 for the path with
spaces issue

I would like to document that on the wiki but I'm not sure where to put it.
Maybe I'll put it in my howto.

> > I just stumbled across your blog post where you talk about
> > porting qpid to windows:
> > http://stevehuston.wordpress.com/2009/01/09/my-experiences-por
> > ting-apache-qpid-c-to-windows/
> >
> > I am curious about the lack of a persistent store and SSL;
> > are these still missing from the trunk?
>
> Persistent store is in, and on the trunk. SSL is not yet there but is
> on the plan.
>
> > The main qpid site seems to focus mostly the posix flavor; is
> > there one
> > place that summarizes the differences between the posix and
> > windows flavors? A "state of the windows port" page?
>
> No, there isn't a summary difference. I was hoping to erase the
> differences before one was needed.
>
> > In your opinion is the windows port ready for production use?
>
> Yes, depending on your definition of production. If it requires SSL,
> then no. The persistent store is fairly new and hasn't been put
> through a tough performance test yet, though it does pass the tests
> that are available today.

I could probably use stunnel for my app, since both brokers will be trusted.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve,

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info... I've been using Cmake 2.6 and am not seeing the
errors you see. Is there a chance you could try Cmake 2.6.4 to try and
narrow down what's going on?

-Steve

Posted by Jeff Laughlin <je...@gmail.com>.
Configure output: