Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by vijay Si <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/20 13:07:17 UTC

Certificate Installation

Hi,

I wanted to install a certificate for my ofbiz server.
Thought to get some advice from people who have installed one.
1) I need server security.
2) Code security.

Waiting for your suggestions

Regards

Re: Certificate Installation

Posted by Rodrigo Souza <ac...@gmail.com>.
Use keytools

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Raj Saini <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vijay,

SSL certificate provides:

1. Authentication
2. Encryption.

Is that what you mean by security?

You would need to buy a suitable certificate from a CA. Generally, first
you generate a key, then a certificate signing request (CSR) and send it
to the CA. CA will send you the signed certificate. It may take couple
of hours to days depending on your certificate.

Next step is to install the certificate in your server. I did it for
Apache Web server. It is simple for Tomcat as well. If you can send the
details of your server probably, I can help you.

Thanks,

Raj