Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Goerke <jo...@wsi-gris.uni-tuebingen.de> on 2004/03/15 09:13:47 UTC

HSQLDB Trigger

Hello,

I've written a Trigger for my HSQLDB. Trigger classes in HSQLDB are Java - classes implementing org.hsqldb.Trigger. They have to be in the CLASSPATH of the JVM that is running HSQLDB. Normally something like "java -classpath hsqldb.jar;MyTriggers.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database cocoondb" (I've tested  this, it works). But when I try this with Cocoon, my triggers are not found by the HSQLDB - instance of Cocoon, even if I add them to hsqldb.jar in cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/ (by something like "jar -uf hasqldb.jar Mytrigger.class" ). Where could I put an additional *.jar-file so that the HSQLDB - instance has it available in its CLASSPATH? How/where can I manipulate HSQLDBs CLASSPATH?

Thank you in advance
Sincerely Johannes

Dipl.-Inform. Johannes Görke
GRIS, Universitaet Tuebingen
Sand 14
72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Tel.:  +49-(0)7071-2975464

goerke@gris.uni-tuebingen.de

Re: HSQLDB Trigger

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Johannes Goerke wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've written a Trigger for my HSQLDB. Trigger classes in HSQLDB are Java - classes implementing org.hsqldb.Trigger. They have to be in the CLASSPATH of the JVM that is running HSQLDB. Normally something like "java -classpath hsqldb.jar;MyTriggers.jar org.hsqldb.Server -database cocoondb" (I've tested  this, it works). But when I try this with Cocoon, my triggers are not found by the HSQLDB - instance of Cocoon, even if I add them to hsqldb.jar in cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/ (by something like "jar -uf hasqldb.jar Mytrigger.class" ). Where could I put an additional *.jar-file so that the HSQLDB - instance has it available in its CLASSPATH? How/where can I manipulate HSQLDBs CLASSPATH?

Don't have a solid answer but I can give a few hints which may help you
find your own:

The samples in either the database block, jms block, or eventcache block
(check them in that order) define a trigger.  Perhaps the method there
would be useful?   Apart from that, if you are quite sure that your
class is really not recognized when put in the right WEB-INF/lib folder
(build/webapp/WEB-INF/lib) then my next guess would be to look at the
hsqldb Avalon component - how it uses its configuration provided in
cocoon.xconf.  Perhaps there's a clue there.

Geoff