Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Cecchi Sandrone <ce...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 10:48:27 UTC

CXF not exposing arrays/collection

Hi all,
I have a very strange problem. I've been using CXF to expose my beans for
months, also collections and arrays. Now I can't get this code to work and I
don't know why:

public class UserServiceException extends Exception {

	private String messageKey;

	private String[] params;

	public UserServiceException() {}

	public UserServiceException(String message,String messageKey) {
		super(message);
		this.setMessageKey(messageKey);
		this.setParams(null);
	}

	public UserServiceException(String message,String messageKey,String[]
params) {
		super(message);
		this.setMessageKey(messageKey);
		this.setParams(params);
	}

	public void setMessageKey(String messageKey) {
		this.messageKey = messageKey;
	}

	public String getMessageKey() {
		return messageKey;
	}

	public void setParams(String[] params) {
		this.params = params;
	}

	public String[] getParams() {
		return params;
	}

So I have this exception that has two field, a String and a String[], but
the wsdl generated is:

<xs:complexType name="UserServiceException">
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="messageKey" nillable="true" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>

It seems that the String[] is ignored and in fact the client object
generated doesn't include this field. It's very strange because I have other
complex object with arrays and collections fields that I use with success.

Please give me an help,
Thanks.

Re: CXF not exposing arrays/collection

Posted by Cecchi Sandrone <ce...@gmail.com>.
The cause of the problem seems to be the version of CXF. I was using 2.1.3.
With 2.1.4 it works!

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.