Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Adam Crain <ad...@plymouthsystems.com> on 2010/04/05 16:23:24 UTC

documentation tasks, specifically scaladoc

Thanks for a great, I've got buildr nicely integrated with Hudson now in
a mixed java/scala project.

My next task is generating docs. The documentation online seems to use a
deprecated API:

http://buildr.apache.org/packaging.html

Where can I find updated info on generating docs? I'm using edge, and
saw the following ticket that scaladoc is now supported:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BUILDR-265

thanks,

Adam

Re: documentation tasks, specifically scaladoc

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
While we're waiting for proper documentation to come up, it's worth
mentioning that the API is exactly the same as it used to be, except now we
use the `doc` task rather than `javadoc`.  The `doc` task will auto-detect
your project type and use the relevant documentation provider (e.g. javadoc,
scaladoc, groovydoc).  We still don't have support for things like
package_with_doc, but plain-old doc invocation works just fine.

Daniel

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.
Looks like pygments failed on generating the site, so the documentation is
entirely depleted of code samples.  Sort of limits their utility.  :-)

Daniel

Re: deploying...

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Closest tool to Ruby God I know is the Java Service
Wrapper<http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.org/doc/english/download.jsp>.
Other alternatives listed at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_wrapper

You can use Buildr to generate the configuration file or fill in template
values for classpath, etc. and then invoke the native app directly.

#!/bin/sh
buildr update-wrapper-config
exec /path/to/native/wrapper config.properties

alex

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 11:47 AM, Adam Crain

deploying...

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Adam, try our 1.4 RC: