Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com> on 2006/09/20 19:55:32 UTC

Oracle AS jsp:setProperty problem, Struts alternative?

Is there a Struts (1.3.5) alternative to the <jsp:setProperty> tag?
<jsp:setProperty> works fine when it's close to the <jsp:useBean> tag,
but when it's farther down the page, Oracle's JSP translator might put
the setProperty translation in a separate method than the bean
declaration in the output .java file.  Kind of like this (simplified for
sanity):

  public void renderPage() {
    MyBean bean;

    bean = pageContext.getAttribute( ... );
    doTag();
  }

  private void doTag() {
    bean.setValue( ... );
  }

Which obviously doesn't work.. but the translator doesn't know this. :)

- Scott

Re: Oracle AS jsp:setProperty problem, Struts alternative?

Posted by Scott Van Wart <sc...@indosoft.com>.
Chris Pratt wrote:
> That's basically what the Struts bean: taglib and JSTL c: (core) taglib's
> are for.  Give them a look.
>  (*Chris*)
c:set looks like it will work.  I figured bean:... would have all I
need, but IIRC some tags were deprecated because of some of the jsp:XXX
tags.

Thanks,

Posted by Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com>.