Posted to bugs@httpd.apache.org by Nikhil Jain <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/15 07:42:10 UTC

Apache 2.2 and 2.4 APR issue

Hi,

This is my first message to the list, very happy to do so.

I am trying to compile Apache 2.2 and 2.4 from source using the following
configure command:

For Apache 2.2:
LDFLAGS="-R$PPS_PATH/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I$PPS_PATH/include" ./configure
--prefix=$PATH_APACHE \
--sysconfdir=$PATH_APACHE/etc \
--with-included-apr \
--with-included-apr-util \
--datadir=$PATH_APACHE/www \
--enable-mods-shared="all ssl cache proxy authn_alias mem_cache file_cache
charset_lite dav_lock disk_cache" \
--with-z=$PPS_PATH \
--with-ssl=$PPS_PATH \
--enable-ssl  && make && make install >> $LOG 2>&1

​For Apache 2.4:​
LDFLAGS="-R$PPS_PATH/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I$PPS_PATH/include" ./configure
--prefix=$PATH_APACHE2 \
--sysconfdir=$PATH_APACHE2/etc \
--with-included-apr \
--with-included-apr-util \
--datadir=$PATH_APACHE2/www \
--enable-mods-shared="all ssl cache proxy authn_alias mem_cache file_cache
charset_lite dav_lock disk_cache" \
--with-mpm=prefork \
--with-pcre=$PPS_PATH \
--with-z=$PPS_PATH \
--with-ssl=$PPS_PATH \
--enable-ssl  && make && make install >> $LOG 2>&1

When compiling Apache 2.4 ​
--with-included-apr \
--with-included-apr-util \
for compiling with APR and APR-UTIL, I download the httpd-2.4.25-deps
package from the other files link (which for some reason cannot be found
now). I attach herewith the dependency package downloaded instantly after
the release of the new version.

On compiling the package, the compilation process works fine without error,
but when starting the service I get the following error:
/usr/local/apps/apache/bin/httpd: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/apps/apache/lib/libapr-1.so.0: undefined symbol: dlopen

After I delete the APR and APR-UTIL libs created via compilation in the
package and install APR and APR-UTIL via executing the following command:
apt-get -y install libaprutil1 libaprutil1-dev libapr1 libapr1-dev

This issue is resolved. Please help me out.
--
*NIKHIL JAIN*