Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Raja <ye...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/08 06:44:11 UTC

Ignite SQL Grid Load

Hi,
I have a 12 node ignite cluster with node configuration of 8 core, 10g
memory
I am using the following JVM options as recommended by ignite docs

IGNITE_JVM_OPTS=-server \
-Xms8g \
-Xmx8g \
-XX:+UseParNewGC \
-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
-XX:+UseTLAB \
-XX:NewSize=128m \
-XX:MaxNewSize=128m \
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=0 \
-XX:SurvivorRatio=1024 \
-XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly \
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=40 \
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=1000  \
-XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=50 \
-XX:+UseCompressedOops \
-XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 \
-XX:ConcGCThreads=8 \
-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

When I tried to load test ONE REST client, it just cannot handle more than 1
thread. If I hit it with 2 or more threads, some sql queries randomly fails.
Even after increasing cluster to 40 nodes. No difference. Just if hit with
more than 1 thread everything falls apart.

Wondering if I'm missing something. We wanted to have cluster with a
configuration where 50 or more concurrent users will be hitting Ignite.

Is it possible with Ignite. BTW we are running geo-spatial sql queries on
ignite.

Appreciate any insights into this.

Re: Ignite SQL Grid Load

Posted by Raja <ye...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

Figured out the issue. We created a user defined spatial function and in it
we were using an object that's not thread safe. That created an issue.

Thank you very much

Raja

Re: Ignite SQL Grid Load

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raja,

Would you please attach full ignite logs with failure?

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 9:44 AM, Raja <ye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a 12 node ignite cluster with node configuration of 8 core, 10g
> memory
> I am using the following JVM options as recommended by ignite docs
>
> IGNITE_JVM_OPTS=-server \
> -Xms8g \
> -Xmx8g \
> -XX:+UseParNewGC \
> -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC \
> -XX:+UseTLAB \
> -XX:NewSize=128m \
> -XX:MaxNewSize=128m \
> -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=0 \
> -XX:SurvivorRatio=1024 \
> -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly \
> -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=40 \
> -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=1000  \
> -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=50 \
> -XX:+UseCompressedOops \
> -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 \
> -XX:ConcGCThreads=8 \
> -XX:+DisableExplicitGC
>

> When I tried to load test ONE REST client, it just cannot handle more than
> 1
> thread. If I hit it with 2 or more threads, some sql queries randomly
> fails.
> Even after increasing cluster to 40 nodes. No difference. Just if hit with
> more than 1 thread everything falls apart.
>
> Wondering if I'm missing something. We wanted to have cluster with a
> configuration where 50 or more concurrent users will be hitting Ignite.
>
> Is it possible with Ignite. BTW we are running geo-spatial sql queries on
> ignite.
>
> Appreciate any insights into this.

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov