Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Sonar, Nishant" <ni...@wachovia.com> on 2007/10/29 04:38:06 UTC

copy jars to jboss lib

Hi,

I need to add some libraries (Jars) to jboss in
{JBOSS_HOME}/server/default/lib, these libraries are in the hosted
central server repository (proximity). What I need is to write a POM
that can download these dependencies to a lib folder (without group
directories) and then copy these to jboss/lib. E.g

<dependencies>

</dependencies>

To be download to

{project_home}\lib\

            -jar-1.0.jar

            -jar-2.0.2.jar

            -xxxjar-3.2.jar

            -abc-4.5.jar

And then these to be copied to jboss/server/default/lib

Can anybody help me in this?

Regards,

Nishant Sonar

RE: copy jars to jboss lib

Posted by "Sonar, Nishant" <ni...@wachovia.com>.
Hi Wayne

Your mail did help ...you know sometimes even we have worked on some
plugins but still forget them.

Thanks it worked

Regards,
Nishant Sonar
Synechron Technologies

Actually, not unpack, but one of the other goals in dependency plugin
(perhaps copy-dependencies?) will probably work.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying
-project-dependencies.html

Wayne

Re: copy jars to jboss lib

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: copy jars to jboss lib

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Re: copy jars to jboss lib

Posted by Dan Kigelman <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nishant,

I'm using maven-dependency-plugin's copy goal (copy-dependencies copies all
of the dependencies I think) to copy shared jars to my
tomcat-home/shared/lib.

(
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-artifacts.html
)

-- Dan

  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>copy</id>
            <phase>package</phase>
            <goals>
              <goal>copy</goal>
            </goals>
            <configuration>
              <artifactItems>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>postgresql</groupId>
                  <artifactId>postgresql</artifactId>
                  <version>8.1-404.jdbc3</version>
                  <type>jar</type>
                </artifactItem>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>log4j</groupId>
                  <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
                  <version>1.2.8</version>
                  <type>jar</type>
                </artifactItem>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>commons-dbcp</groupId>
                  <artifactId>commons-dbcp</artifactId>
                  <version>1.2.1</version>
                  <type>jar</type>
                </artifactItem>
                <artifactItem>
                  <groupId>commons-pool</groupId>
                  <artifactId>commons-pool</artifactId>
                  <version>1.2</version>
                  <type>jar</type>
                </artifactItem>
              </artifactItems>
              <outputDirectory>${tomcat.path}/shared/lib</outputDirectory>
              <overWriteIfNewer>true</overWriteIfNewer>
              <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>