Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ae...@rbc.com on 2005/05/04 10:26:28 UTC

RE: WebSphere 5.1 does not run Web Applications running Axis SOAP Engine

I am successfully running a web application on WAS 5.1 using Axis 1.1.  I have had some problems with Axis1.2RC3 and WAS 5.1 but I got over those by using Shared libraries to contain all the Axis jars and PARENT_LAST as the classloader policy.

I also had to specify a name-value pair assigning the  fully-qualified class name of the LogFactory implementation to property  org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory in file commons-logging.properties, and  place this file in the classpath to force WAS to use the Apache implementation of LogFactory instead of the IBM one - see http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27004610 (but this could be just for WAS on the iSeries).

I  added the commons-logging.properties file to a config directory which was in a shared library associated with the application and Axis was happy and the web service worked.

I also called IBM support for help but in the end I ended up finding the solution through google.

Posted by Catalin Grigoroscuta <c....@moodmedia.ro>.
Hi,

I know this is off topic, but I think it may help you.
There is a much cleaner way to setup LogFactory on Websphere, without
doing the PARENT-LAST trick. See
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27004610 for details