Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Anderson <mm...@novell.com> on 2004/02/03 16:23:25 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/common jk_channel_socket.c

+1.  Two reasons I haven't
1.  I'm not a CVS expert and don't want to screw it up :-)
2.  The only reason I patched it was because someone else (Henri I
believe) was concerned about removing it and this was a more
conservative approach.

I did comment out that line to make sure that it would compile, but
left it active when I checked it in.

Mike Anderson

>>> mturk@apache.org 2/3/2004 8:11:34 AM >>>

> From: mmanders
>
>   Modified:    jk/native2/common jk_channel_socket.c
>   Log:
>   Fix problem with port higher than 32K.  Provided by Guenter
> Knauf.  Fixed compile problem for NetWare even though this
> isn't built for NetWare (or any other platform.)

jk_channel_socket is depriciated, and it won't compile at all.

at line 74 you have:
#error "jk_channel_socket is deprecated"

the entire file should be removed from CVS.

MT.

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/common jk_channel_socket.c

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> jean-frederic clere a écrit :
>
>> Henri Gomez wrote:

>>> Ok, I remove it from CVS right now :)
>>

>> I am too slow... :-)
>

> Next time you pay me a beer :)

No problems :-))

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/common jk_channel_socket.c

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere a écrit :

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Mike Anderson a écrit :
>>
>>> +1.  Two reasons I haven't
>>> 1.  I'm not a CVS expert and don't want to screw it up :-)
>>> 2.  The only reason I patched it was because someone else (Henri I
>>> believe) was concerned about removing it and this was a more
>>> conservative approach.
>>>
>>> I did comment out that line to make sure that it would compile, but
>>> left it active when I checked it in.
>>

>> Ok, I remove it from CVS right now :)
>

> I am too slow... :-)

Next time you pay me a beer :)

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native2/common jk_channel_socket.c

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Jess Holle a écrit :
> Dave Oxley wrote:
>
>> Henri,
>>
>> What is the current state of JK2. Is it alpha, beta or GA. If this is
>> going to be an alpha release, what is the plan for a GA release. I
>> would like to migrate from JK when it is stable.
>

> This is a *very* good question.
>
> Last time I dared to ask the consensus was mod_jk was a better idea for
> a production system -- but there was a good deal of dissent on this
> question...

Well it's really a good question.

GA level should be qualified by users, and more users, more bugs reports
and more experience.

BTW, we should make this release, to have such return from users.

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>.

--
Jess Holle

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Dave Oxley <da...@daveoxley.co.uk>.
Henri,

What is the current state of JK2. Is it alpha, beta or GA. If this is
going to be an alpha release, what is the plan for a GA release. I would
like to migrate from JK when it is stable.

Cheers.
Dave.

Henri Gomez wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
>
> I'd like to know what are showstoppers (blocking bugs) which
> should be fixed in the current release.
>
> Planning :
>
> Up to Friday 6 Feb, determine all bugs which should (could be fixed)
> and try to fix the blocking bugs.
>
> On Thursday 12 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4_rc1,
> make build and tests.
>
> If everything goes fine, on 13 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4,
> make tarball, and binaries (need help here for windows, netware,
> macosx, ...).
>

> Comments welcome

* Dave Oxley *

* +44 (0)7966 249 344
* * * * Dave@JungleMoss.com * * <ma...@JungleMoss.com>
* * * * http://www.daveoxley.co.uk * * <http://www.daveoxley.co.uk> *

* "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!" * * *   * *

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Günter Knauf a écrit :

> Hi,
>
>>Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
>>release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
>>Friday.
>
> great, thanks!
>

>>Comments welcome
>
> two things I would like to discuss:
> 1) I would like to see all binaries packed to tar.gz or zip;

Well it could be done easily, if nobody object, I'll choose .gz for
Unixes and .zip for Windows.

this is definitely better in two ways: the original file timestamp keeps
intact, and if the download is broken normally the archiver reports that.
> Oh, I've just checked, and this is only true for win32 and netware with mod_jk, with mod_jk2 win32 has zip...
> please Mike, can you put up zip files instead of renamed NLMs - also with future mod_jk releases?
>
> 2) ask for a reason why the file extension was not changed to .so on Win32 when Apache 1.3.15 moved to this...?

Do you want it to revert to .dll ? On my Windows box the Apache 2.0.47
came with module named .so and not .dll.

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Günter Knauf <ef...@gmx.net>.
Hi,
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
great, thanks!

> Comments welcome
two things I would like to discuss:
1) I would like to see all binaries packed to tar.gz or zip; this is definitely better in two ways: the original file timestamp keeps intact, and if the download is broken normally the archiver reports that.
Oh, I've just checked, and this is only true for win32 and netware with mod_jk, with mod_jk2 win32 has zip...
please Mike, can you put up zip files instead of renamed NLMs - also with future mod_jk releases?

2) ask for a reason why the file extension was not changed to .so on Win32 when Apache 1.3.15 moved to this...?

thanks, Guenter.

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
>
> I'd like to know what are showstoppers (blocking bugs) which
> should be fixed in the current release.
>
> Planning :
>
> Up to Friday 6 Feb, determine all bugs which should (could be fixed)
> and try to fix the blocking bugs.
>
> On Thursday 12 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4_rc1,
> make build and tests.
>
> If everything goes fine, on 13 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4,
> make tarball, and binaries (need help here for windows, netware,
> macosx, ...).
>

> Comments welcome

I have run a watchdog tests (with Apache-2.0.47 on Linux) it returns the
following (additional) errors with using mod_jk2:
+++
      [java]  [watchdog]  FAILED HttpServletResponseWrapperSetStatusMsgTest
      [java]  [watchdog]  FAILED WithLeadingSlashTest
      [java]  [watchdog]  FAILED WithoutLeadingSlashTest
+++

Re: jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Since many people ask for a jk2 release, 2.0.4, I'll act as
> release manager if nobody else want to take the job before
> Friday.
>
> I'd like to know what are showstoppers (blocking bugs) which
> should be fixed in the current release.
 >
> Planning :
>
> Up to Friday 6 Feb, determine all bugs which should (could be fixed)
> and try to fix the blocking bugs.
>
> On Thursday 12 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4_rc1,
> make build and tests.
>
> If everything goes fine, on 13 Feb, tag the CVS with jk2_2_0_4,
> make tarball, and binaries (need help here for windows, netware,
> macosx, ...).

+1, great :)

As for the issues I have with mod_jk 2:
- From the feedback I got from support issues, it seems LB only works
with the worker MPM on Apache 2. With the default MPM (which is threaded
I think), all requests go to the first node (but failover works fine,
that's already something). (maybe this has been fixed already)
- Failover with POST requests also seems to have issues (although it's
definitely something complex, and since buffering is needed, we may not
want to fix this issue). There's the exact same problem with HTTP LB,
obviously.

Rémy

jk2 2.0.4 release plan

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.