Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Alex W. Croton" <AC...@linkfinancial.eu> on 2011/06/09 18:25:47 UTC

Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Hi All,

I posted a question some time ago regarding getting image uploads to work correctly with FCKEditor, but was pulled off onto another project and therefore unable to follow up, please accept my apologies.

I have revisited this and I am still getting the same problem.

Starting with a clean directory structure and having deleted the Maven .m2 cache to ensure that I did not pick anything up by mistake, I followed the process on http://tapestry.apache.org/creating-the-skeleton-application.html to get an up-to-date and clean Pom, and confirm that it worked with Jetty.

I then used the instructions from http://t5-easy-fckeditor.kenai.com/Installing.html working from the Installing, Getting Started and Supporting File uploads sections (I skipped the Configuring section as this seems to only be dealing with the custom JavaScript configuration of the editor's look and feel).

The only changes from the detailed instructions given on these web pages were:
A. I used a different groupId and artifactId (and therefore package name) for the project
B. I changed the version of the dependency for t5-easy-fckeditor to 1.0.5 as I believe that this is the current version

>From my Pom file,
Tapestry version is 5.2.5
Maven-Jetty-Plugin is 6.1.16
T5-easy-fckeditor is 1.0.5

Java is 1.6.0_21-b06

To replicate the problem, click on the image button, the dialog opens, select the Upload tab, browse the local file system and find an image file (I used a 23k JPG file). Click on Send it to the Server.

In Firefox, I get a dialog box informing me that I have chosen to open upload.php - and what do I want to do with it? Selecting Cancel, I'm back to the Image Properties box, and can close it.

In IE 8, the Image Properties box displays an animated bar, presumably to indicate that the upload is taking place - and then becomes unresponsive (i.e. I cannot close the Image Properties box) the only way forward is to close the browser.

I'm sure that this is as Ville pointed out back on the previous message thread, that FCK Editor is falling back to php as its default backend.

Can anyone help with what I am missing for getting this configuration to work?

Regards,
Alex C

RE: Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Posted by "Alex W. Croton" <AC...@linkfinancial.eu>.
Hi Thiago,

Yes, I have - there's a bit of a oops there ... I forgot one other change that I made - that is the local path that the files can be saved to - I have changed this in both the SimpleFckEditorPathServiceImpl class and in the <contextHandler> section of the Pom file.

Other than that, the details are the same.

I am running Jetty from the command line, and I have tested that I can read and write files and folders in the directory that I created (I am presuming that on Windows XP Jetty is not changing the user id that it is running under).

Regards,

Alex C

> In Firefox, I get a dialog box informing me that I have chosen to open
> upload.php - and what do I want to do with it? Selecting Cancel, I'm
> back to the Image Properties box, and can close it.

Have you followed the steps in
http://t5-easy-fckeditor.kenai.com/FileUploads.html? If yes, it looks like a bug to me.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: Image file upload with Easy FCKEditor

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
<AC...@linkfinancial.eu> wrote:

> Hi All,

Hi!