Posted to announcements@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Becke <mb...@apache.org> on 2006/12/08 06:04:17 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Jakarta HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha3 Released

HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha3 has been released. HttpCore
provides a set of low level components, which can be used to build
custom client and server side HTTP services.

ALPHA3 release features a number of enhancements and refinements to
the base HttpCore API and adds an optional set of API extensions based
on NIO.

HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build asynchronous HTTP
services based upon a non-blocking I/O model capable of handling a
great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O threads.
Please check it out and let the HttpComponents team know what you
think.

More information can be found at the HttpComponents project site.

HttpComponents site - <http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/>
Download - <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_httpcomponents-httpcore.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>