Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Madabhattula Rajesh Kumar <mr...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/25 20:08:50 UTC

Spark Streaming + Actors

Hi Team,

Can I use Actors in Spark Streaming based on events type? Could you please
review below Test program and let me know if any thing I need to change
with respect to best practices

import akka.actor.Actor
import akka.actor.{ActorRef, Props}
import org.apache.spark.SparkConf
import org.apache.spark.streaming.StreamingContext
import org.apache.spark.streaming.Seconds
import akka.actor.ActorSystem

case class one(r: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[String])
case class two(s: org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD[String])

class Events extends Actor
{
  def receive = {
    // Based on event type - Invoke respective methods asynchronously
    case one(r) => println("ONE COUNT" + r.count) // Invoke respective
functions
    case two(s) => println("TWO COUNT" + s.count) // Invoke respective
functions
  }
}

object Test {

    def main(args: Array[String]) {
    val system = ActorSystem("System")
    val event: ActorRef = system.actorOf(Props[Events], "events")
    val sparkConf = new SparkConf() setAppName("AlertsLinesCount")
setMaster("local")
    val ssc = new StreamingContext(sparkConf, Seconds(30))
    val lines = ssc
textFileStream("hdfs://localhost:9000/user/rajesh/EventsDirectory/")
    lines foreachRDD(x => {
      event ! one(x)
      event ! two(x)
    })
    ssc.start
    ssc.awaitTermination
    }
}

Regards,
Rajesh

Re: Spark Streaming + Actors

Posted by Madabhattula Rajesh Kumar <mr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

Could you please respond on my below request.

Regards,
Rajesh