Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Carlos Duque <cd...@eic.es> on 2004/07/20 15:02:57 UTC

Parameters between Action and XSP

Hello, I'm developing a application under cocoon. My question is to mark a "best practices" in my work.
How I pass parameters between Action and XSP? Which are the best option?
I know:
    -session
    -request.setParameter
It's possible with Map returned? with response?

Thank's for all!!

Carles

Re: Parameters between Action and XSP

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Carlos Duque wrote:

> Hello, I'm developing a application under cocoon. My question is to mark
> a "best practices" in my work.
> How I pass parameters between Action and XSP? Which are the best option?
> I know:
>     -session
>     -request.setParameter
> It's possible with Map returned? with response?

I would recommend the following:

public Map act(...) {
     Map result = new HashMap();
     result.put("foo", value);
     return result;
}

<map:act type="...">
   <map:generate type="xsp" src="...">
     <map:parameter name="foo" value="{foo}"/>
   </map:generate>
</map:act>

XSP: String foo = parameters.getParameter(foo);

This way you have a separation between parameter names in action
and XSP and see what happens in the sitemap.

-- Andreas