Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/12 09:30:37 UTC

how to integrate Solr for search into my Ecommerce application

Hi, i want to integrate Solr for search into my Ecommerce application.i want
to know how can i do it.

-----
Romi

Re: how to integrate Solr for search into my Ecommerce application

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mirko Kämpf, Its not an individual project, that is why i can not
share it with you. it will b grateful to u if u help me out this way only.

-----

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@googlemail.com>.
Hello Romi,

if you are interested, we could support you in your project. But, I would
like to have a
short look at your existing webshop. What is its address?

We are running an "online project office server" so we have the ability to
share documents and manage all tasks around the project webbased without
costs. If you want, we can install your SOLR server for free on your own
machine. For some testing (3 months) we can also run it on our server for
free. Additional customization will be done by our experts as you need it.
Please send me a mail to: mirko.kaempf@it-saxonia.de, if you are interested
in a joined project.
Best wishes from Germany,
Mirko

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Typically, you can use the Data Import Handler (or a custom tool) to get content from MySQL into Solr.  Then, you just need to have your application hit Solr when it needs to do a search.

On May 16, 2011, at 3:02 AM, Romi wrote:

> Mine is a Commercial application, it is a E commerce application(on line
> Jewelery shop ), i need to implement search of any type of jewelery...and
> the requirement is to implement it using solr. we are using MySQL as our
> database.
>
> -----
> Romi

Grant Ingersoll
Join the LUCENE REVOLUTION
Lucene & Solr User Conference
May 25-26, San Francisco
www.lucenerevolution.org

Re: how to integrate Solr for search into my Ecommerce application

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
Can you tell us a bit more on what your eCom app is?  Data in a DB?  What feature requirements do you have?

You might find some of the stuff at http://www.lucidimagination.com/search/?q=ecommerce helpful.

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.
I tried to subscribe via mail, but its not getting connected. please solve my
problam here.
my db-data-config.xml is :

<dataConfig>
    <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource" driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.1.9:3306/angara" user="root" password="ampliflex"
/>
    <document>
		 &lt;entity name=&quot;tdiamonds&quot; query=&quot;select UID_PK from
tdiamonds&quot;
            &lt;field column=&quot;UID_PK&quot; name=&quot;name&quot; /&gt;
          </entity>
    </document>
</dataConfig>

Romi wrote:

> Thanks Doron Cohen-2, now i am posting my problem there. please support me
> there

and i did necessary changes in schema.xml  and solrconfig.xml, but still i
am getting some exception. and its not clear to me what it is all about,
please give me some suggestion.

-----

Posted by Doron Cohen <cd...@gmail.com>.
Hi Romi,

Grant Ingersoll-2: i could not get what are you saying to do me.
> Romi

Grant was suggesting that you ask this question in a more suitable mailing
list - solr-user@lucene.apache.org,
more general aspects of Lucene and Solr.

For instructions on subscribing to solr-user mailing list see:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mailing_lists.html

Regards,
Doron

Re: how to integrate Solr for search into my Ecommerce application

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
At this point, I would suggest asking on solr-user@lucene.apache.org.  It has a lot more subscribers.  From the looks of it, you have a malformed XML doc.

--------------------------

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Yes, you need your DB driver to be in the lib.    I would suggest reading http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

--------------------------

Posted by Romi <ro...@gmail.com>.

-----

Posted by Mirko Kämpf <mi...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Romi,

there are several ways to do this. It depends on the datasources (database
or xml or documents and on the types of query you want).
We have done such a project, based on the webshop Gambio (or xt:commerce)
What systems do you have?
Is it  commercial or a educational project?
Best wishes Halle
Mirko