Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Samuel Liddicott <sa...@campbellsci.co.uk> on 1999/08/10 15:10:00 UTC

general/4554

The following reply was made to PR general/4554; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Samuel Liddicott" <sa...@campbellsci.co.uk>
To: "Samuel Liddicott" <sa...@campbellsci.co.uk>
Cc: <ap...@Apache.Org>
Subject: general/4554
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 14:08:34 +0100

 On reflection I think method 2 is the less complicated, and not as
 restrictive as I first thought.

 mod_rewrite [R] will work without difficulty, just internal URI rewrites
 accross UID boundries mauy have a problem, but generally for this scenario
 one virtual web will be owned by one virtual user.

 So with no restrictions the capabilities of apache can greatly be enhanced,
 quickly stealing more market share and reducing admin problems of those that
 are currently straining over suexec and the like.

 I'm trying to do this myself, but I could do with a map to the apache source
 code.

 Sam