Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/11 03:14:28 UTC

DayTrader build error

hello;

while trying to build DayTrader after getting the latest build, I am getting
the following error, anyone has any idea?

please help

thx

here is the error

seleshmaster-macbook:trunk seleshmaster$ mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Performance Benchmark Sample
[INFO]   DayTrader :: WS Application Client
[INFO]   DayTrader :: EJBs
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Web Application
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Quote Streamer
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Enterprise Application
[INFO]   DayTrader :: JSON Proxy
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Dojo User Interface
[INFO]   DayTrader :: Dojo Interface and Proxy Ear
[INFO]
[INFO] Building DayTrader :: Performance Benchmark Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory /Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/target
[INFO] Deleting directory /Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/target/classes
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/target/test-classes
[INFO] [enforcer:enforce {execution: default}]
[INFO] [tools:copy-legal-files {execution: install-legal-files}]
[INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
[INFO] [tools:verify-legal-files {execution: verify-legal-files}]
[INFO] [install:install]
[INFO] Installing /Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/pom.xml to
/Users/seleshmaster/.m2/repository/org/apache/geronimo/daytrader/daytrader/2.0-SNAPSHOT/daytrader-2.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO]
[INFO] Building DayTrader :: WS Application Client
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/modules/wsappclient/target
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/modules/wsappclient/target/classes
[INFO] Deleting directory
/Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk/modules/wsappclient/target/test-classes
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Couldn't find a version in [2.0.0] to match range [1.0,2.0)
  org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 10 22:04:36 EDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 14M/26M
[INFO]

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Howdy,
I'm getting a somewhat similar error when building DT from trunk. Any advise?

[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building DayTrader :: Web Application
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Couldn't find a version in [1.0-M1] to match range [1.0,2.0)
  org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jsp_2.1_spec:jar:null

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
  apache-incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/)

[INFO] Total time: 14 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Mar 26 09:40:35 EDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 22M/508M

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>.
thx guys again;

I removed the whole repo directory and run "mvn install" command again. This
seem to fix the problem I was getting in the past but now I am getting a new
type of error message but still related to maven-ejb-plugin.

here is the error message.

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Internal error in the plugin manager executing goal
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ejb-plugin:2.1:ejb': Unable to find the mojo
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ejb-plugin:2.1:ejb' in the plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ejb-plugin'
org/codehaus/plexus/archiver/jar/ManifestException
[INFO] ---------------------------------------------

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
selesh,

wrote:

> Kevan Miller wrote:
> >

> > On Mar 11, 2008, at 6:52 AM, seleshmaster wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> >> thx again
> >>
> >> I dont know what I am missing but I installed the jar file under
> >> maven/lib
> >> directory where other jar file exist but I am still getting the same
> >> error.
> >> by the way, i reverted back to maven 2.0.6
> >

> > The maven-ejb-plugin needs to end up in your .m2 repository. For me,
> > it's:
> >
> > /Users/kevan/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin/
> > 2.1/maven-ejb-plugin-2.1.jar
> >
> > --kevan
> >

> thx kevan;
>
> obviously I am still missing something else cause I am still getting the
> same error.
>
> here is what i did
>
> 0) I installed maven.2.0.7
>
> Maven version: 2.0.7
> Java version: 1.5.0_13
> OS name: "mac os x" version: "10.5.2" arch: "i386"
>

> 1) I checked out the source. svn co ....
> 2) I put maven-ejb-plugin.jar under
>
> /Users/seleshmaster/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-ejb-plugin
> Note: for some reason, there was no directory name "2.1", so  I just
> created
> it manually and put the .jar file there too
> 3) and from /Users/seleshmaster/workspace/trunk directory i run "mvn
> install"
>
> 4) and I am getting this error
>
> ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-ejb-plugin' does not
> exist
> or no valid version could be found
>

> thx for the help.

~Jason Warner

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys for your help, I finally got it to work. I pretty much removed
everything and re-installed everything again and that seems to fix the
problem.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 10, 2008, at 10:20 PM, Jason Warner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is a known bug that has been addressed in the following jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DAYTRADER-58
> There is a patch attached to the issue that can be applied and
> should allow you to build daytrader.
>
> Hope this helps!

Should be fixed in svn, now.

--kevan

Re: DayTrader build error

Posted by Jason Warner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:14 PM, seleshmaster <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.
>
> Couldn't find a version in [2.0.0] to match range [1.0,2.0)
>  org.apache.geronimo.specs:geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec:jar:null
>
> from the specified remote repositories:
>  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2),
>  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
>  codehaus-snapshots (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org),
>  apache-incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/
> )
>

> [INFO]
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 10 22:04:36 EDT 2008

~Jason Warner