Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sivaraman V <av...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/26 21:42:35 UTC

[users@httpd] design of authentication pages in http server

Dear All,

I am trying to create a java web application in which the authentication
part should be handled purely by apache http server.

On opening the front page of the application, the content should be served
from the http server which should have a form for accepting username and
password.

The http server should have a connection the LDAP server on which the user
is authenticated against the password.

If the authentication is successful, then the URL is redirected to access
the target servlet on the java application server(JBoss).

Please advice on how to get the authentication functionality implemented in
apache http server.

My intention is that the java web appllication in JBOSS will only implement
the business functionalites whereas tasks like authentication should be
offloaded to apache http server.

Re: [users@httpd] design of authentication pages in http server

Posted by Sivaraman V <av...@gmail.com>.

Tom Evans-3 wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Sivaraman V <av...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I am trying to create a java web application in which the authentication
>> part should be handled purely by apache http server.
>>
>> On opening the front page of the application, the content should be
>> served
>> from the http server which should have a form for accepting username and
>> password.
>>
>> The http server should have a connection the LDAP server on which the
>> user
>> is authenticated against the password.
>>
>> If the authentication is successful, then the URL is redirected to access
>> the target servlet on the java application server(JBoss).
>>
>> Please advice on how to get the authentication functionality implemented
>> in
>> apache http server.
>>
>> My intention is that the java web appllication in JBOSS will only
>> implement
>> the business functionalites whereas tasks like authentication should be
>> offloaded to apache http server.
>
> You can do this with httpd 2.4 series, using mod_auth_form and
> mod_authnz_ldap.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_auth_form.html#authformprovider
>
> Cheers
>
> Tom

Thanks for the link...ll try this and post the update..

SIva

Re: [users@httpd] design of authentication pages in http server

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.