Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Azariah Jeyakumar <az...@tumbleweed.com> on 2001/09/18 01:55:56 UTC

FileSet as a command line argument

Hi,

How do I pass a set of file names as a command line argument in tasks such
as "java" or "exec"?

This is what I would like to be able to do:

<java classname="org.jacorb.idl.parser" classpath="$orb.class.path}"
fork="yes">
    <arg>
        <fileset dir="${idl.dir}">
            <include name="**/*.idl"/>
        </fileset>
    </arg>
</java>

Is there any other way to achieve this in ant 1.4?

If writing a custom task is the only way to go, can someone point me to an
example?

Thanks
Azariah

Re: FileSet as a command line argument

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001 09:55, Azariah Jeyakumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I pass a set of file names as a command line argument in tasks such
> as "java" or "exec"?
>
> This is what I would like to be able to do:
>
> <java classname="org.jacorb.idl.parser" classpath="$orb.class.path}"
> fork="yes">
>     <arg>
>         <fileset dir="${idl.dir}">
>             <include name="**/*.idl"/>
>         </fileset>
>     </arg>
> </java>
>
> Is there any other way to achieve this in ant 1.4?
>
> If writing a custom task is the only way to go, can someone point me to an
> example?

<path id="mypath.id">
   <fileset dir="${idl.dir}">
     <include name="**/*.idl"/>
  </fileset>
</path>

<property name="mypath" refid="mypath.id" />

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
but that is not the reason we are doing it" -- Richard Feynman