Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthew Hannigan <ml...@zip.com.au> on 2002/09/19 15:47:27 UTC

Re: [OFF-TOPIC] RE: John: missing tomcat-apache.conf & mod_jk.con f-auto

I compared the instructions between the 'ant' way and the 'configure'
way,  and seduced by the shortness of the instructions, I've
decided to go the configure route.

If you're not on Linux, with many developers utilities installed,
you've got a bit of downloading to do.

I'm doing this on Solaris8.

I'm in the middle of it now but so far I have worked out that:

To run buildconf.sh, you need libtool and autoconf and automake.
You can get them from gnu.org.  To get these going you need gnu m4
as well, obtainable from the same place.

I'll let you know how I go!

Regards,
Matt