Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Harith Haboubi <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/30 13:56:12 UTC

Imap

Dear all,

I'm new to this list and from the information on the web believe this is
the right place for this message - if not sorry.

I'm interested in trying out the IMAP prototype code, how do I find out
more?

Thanks for your help

Harith

RE: Imap

Posted by Jason Webb <jw...@inovem.com>.
I am currently developing the IMAP code so it will actually write messages
to disk or database rather than just throwing them away. This is non-trivial
as it requires integration of the IMAP server code into James as well as
re-engineering the repository code to do the required IMAP operations.

I plan to do the integration in the most expedient (but sensible) fashion
possible with the current framework.

When I have something that works I will commit it to SVN and I may produce a
test release if I have time. However, it will not be for use in production
as it may/will eat your current message stores etc. I will make an
announcement to both lists when this happens.

Keep the faith :)

-- Jason