Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ma...@gmx.ch on 2022/04/02 14:42:06 UTC

spam declared mail - contentless - lost?

Hello

i have mails that are signed as [SPAM] from Spamassassin 3.4.6, please it's
possible to catch the input from this mail, or it's this lost?

At this time me setup are so, that all mails that are declared as Spam, are
contentless.

Please friendly asking, It's here any change to do on me setup.? So that the
mail arnt contentless?

thanks

Re: spam declared mail - contentless - lost?

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Sat, 2022-04-02 at 16:42 +0200, mauric@gmx.ch wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have mails that are signed as [SPAM] from Spamassassin 3.4.6, please
> it's possible to catch the input from this mail, or it's this lost?

SpamAssassin [SA] only adds headers to the message. One of these is
always the X-Spam-Status header which contains the spam score, the score
required to mark a message as spam and a list of the SA rules that fired
on that message.

What happens to the message once SA has added this header depends
entirely on your mail subsystem. Messages with a score less than the
'required' score should be delivered to the 'To' Address.

Messages with a score equal to or greater than the 'required' are not
delivered to the 'To' address. What is done with them depends entirely
on your mail delivery subsystem. Usual things done with them are (best
ideas first:
- Hold them in quarantine for 'x' days before deleting them
- Delete them immediately
- Return them to abuse@senderdomainname with a subject of
  "Spam from senderdomain"
- Return them to sender, with a subject of "Rejected spam"

> At this time me setup are so, that all mails that are declared as
> Spam, are contentless.

So, what *is* in a contentless message? Is it blank, just mail headers,
or what?

Since you haven't described you expect what your mail system to do with
a 'contentless message', how it recognises which messages are
contentless, or what you expect it to do with one, nobody on this list
can't say what, if anything, is wrong with your mail system.

Martin