Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Johnson, Jonathan" <jj...@454.com> on 2006/02/06 19:38:08 UTC

Continuum and site-deploy or wagon hanging

Anyone having problems with Continuum or site-deploy or wagon hanging?

Using Continuum 1.0.2, Maven 2.0.2.

I recently added deploy and deploy-site to my Continuum build and have
found Continuum will hang waiting for the build to finish.  If I restart
Continuum and force the build again it will sometimes work, sometimes it
hangs again.

It always hangs at the same place, just after calling unzip on the site
zip file expansion.  The site does get expanded so it seems to hang just
after completing the expansion.

Tail of build report.

[INFO] ResourceManager : found templates/package-frame.vm with loader
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.ClasspathResourceLoader
[INFO] Generate "Maven Surefire Report" report.
[INFO] Generate "Tag List" report.
[INFO] Generate an index file for the English version.
[INFO] [site:deploy]
scp://hober/home/builder/454/deploy/site/common - Session: Opened
Executing command: mkdir -p /home/builder/454/deploy/site/common/.
Executing command: mkdir -p /home/builder/454/deploy/site/common/.
Executing command: scp -t
/home/builder/454/deploy/site/common/./wagon47499.zip
Uploading: ./wagon47499.zip to
scp://hober/home/builder/454/deploy/site/common

###[...for email, bunch of pounds omitted...]#####! ###[...omitted...]##

Transfer finished. 6317094 bytes copied in 3.269 seconds Executing
command: cd /home/builder/454/deploy/site/common/.; unzip -o
wagon47499.zip; rm -f wagon47499.zip
^^^^ Hung here ^^^^

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.

Re: Continuum and site-deploy or wagon hanging

Posted by Michael Böckling <mi...@giniality.com>.
Nope, I experienced the exact same problem. Here it happens on a SuSe
9.2 with Maven 2.0.2 (and also in Continuum, of course). I had the
impression that this does not affect small sites, but only large ones
with many reports and all.
It seems the site *does* get deployed correctly, but it hangs at very
same line (wagon47499.zip; rm -f wagon47499.zip) when trying to delete
the temporary upload file.
Can't be a problem with permissions, since it only happens now and then.
Defining a timeout is really essential, since it hangs forever once it
gets stuck.

Regards,
Michael

--
Giniality AG - Michael Böckling; Steinenberg 21, CH-4051 Basel
P: +41 61 226 99 63 - F: +41 61 226 99 69

Re: Continuum and site-deploy or wagon hanging

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr>.
Hi,
We are experiencing same problem : wagon hangs on ssh deploy and
site-deploy in a random way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
This has nothing to do with continuum as the problem occurs in maven
direct invocations.
Solutions are of course welcomed, I was not able to trace the cause of
this problem (files permissions ok, ssh auth ok).

Arnaud Bailly, Dr. - Ingénieur de Recherche
NORSYS
1, rue de la Cense des Raines
ZAC du Moulin
59710 ENNEVELIN
Tel : (33) 3 28 76 56 76
Mob : (33) 6 17 12 19 78
Fax : (33) 3 28 76 57 00
Web : http://www.norsys.fr

Re: Continuum and site-deploy or wagon hanging

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Do you have the same problem when you call site-deploy directly for maven on your continuum machine?
When a goal is called, it's an external maven process that run it and not Continuum.

Emmanuel