Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ni...@sosNow.ws on 2009/10/10 22:31:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Issue with DirectoryIndex

   Hi John,
             As there was so much to read through in the responses to
    your question - If I missed this solve, I'm sorry..

   > I am having an issue with the DirectoryIndex.

        I had a similar problem recently.  I had my DirectoryIndex
   in the order I wanted in the conf file and it worked fine for
   hundreds of years ;) until I upgraded to a newer distro.
   I found I had to NOW add my unique DirectoryIndex order into
   the 'dir.conf' in the /apache2/mods-enabled directory as a
    <IfModule dir_mod.c> instead of a <IfModule dir_module>

        As you may be able to tell, I'm running on a Linux (UNIX clone)
   server but I'm sure your wimpdows system uses the same filenames/DIRs

        If your dir.conf file is empty, just enter the index files you
   need (you may want to include all the index files you may use.
   Notice, in my example, I have the .html last so the others are
   looked for first..  I use perl a lot, so I have that first..

   e.g.
    <IfModule mod_dir.c>
        DirectoryIndex index.pl index.php index.shtml index.html
    </IfModule>
                       Hope this helps in your case,
--
                                                       Nick. . .

    Soon to Launch: 99cHosting.com 50pHosting.co.uk and 75cHosting.eu
           -=[  The prices are great - as is the service  ]=-
    ...---... (Stamp Out Spam and Save Our Servers)  http://sosNow.ws